Exact inventory control data is an essential part of any successful business.
Inventory Control Software provides you with accurate information on all aspects of inventory in a cost effective manner. It must provide timely and accurate information on the:
- quantity and value of goods held
- receipts of goods from suppliers
- return of goods from customers
- transfer of goods between locations
- removal for sale
- reduction of stock levels due to damage, theft, mis-counts, etc.
The software should also help you:
- improve customer service
- reduce stock levels and hold costs
- reduce stock processing costs
- change from the familiar buy-hold-sell model, to a sell-source-ship model
Inventory data must be at a level dictated by the type of stock held. This may cover: - bin location; color; size; style; lot numbers; serial numbers and expiration dates.
Run out of stock and you will lose sales. Whilst too much stock will adversely impact cash flow.
Inventory Control Software helps maximizes your benefits from 'just-in-time' inventory levels, whilst increasing warehouse productivity and reducing errors due to 'paper errors'.
Sales staff must be able to find inventory easily, using and seeing such items as:
- Fast and flexible product search facility
- Multiple part numbers - your part no; the supplier part no.; the manufacturer part no.
- Product Groups - for faster flexible searching and better reporting
- Recommended Selling Prices
- Cost per unit
- Alternative products
- Minimum order quantity
- Stock and sale unit quantities
- Associated promotion products